A Youth Activation Committee (YAC) is a group of student leaders with and without intellectual disabilities who work together to plan activities and serve as advocates for Special Olympics Montana. YACs are formed at the state, area and school levels. YAC members provide advice and counsel on Special Olympics Unified Strategy for Schools to reach other youth, engage in and promote Special Olympics activities in their home environments, communicate the initiative of Special Olympics Montana, and network with other youth and local programs.
Special Olympics Montana is currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 State Youth Activation Committee!
Responsibilities for the 2017-2018 State Youth Activation Committee include:
- Attending the Kickoff scheduled for August or September (transportation, lodging, and meals provided)
- Attend all scheduled meetings (in person or via phone)
- Serve as an ambassador for Special Olympics Montana
- Learn, Understand, and promote Special Olympics Montana Unified Strategy for Schools
- Use knowledge developed through the YAC to lead youth activation programs in your school
- Host or support a Respect Rally in your local community
- Assist with YAC projects such as youth conferences, campaigns, and fundraisers
- Represent Special Olympics Montana youth by serving on other organization committees and boards
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
If you would like to apply for Special Olympics Montana’s State Youth Activation committee click here. If you are having trouble completing the online application, you can contact Jami Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-2018 State Youth Activation Committee Members